How to Survive a Flood
Floodwaters can move fast and without warning. There a few prepping tips to drastically increase your chances for survival.
- Always pay attention to information from the television or weather radio from the NWS and react to flood warnings immediately.
- For those living in floodplains where flash flooding can occur and expect your house to be flooded, you can evacuate before you hear a warning and floodwater reaches you.
- If you choose to evacuate in order to survive, do it a quickly as possible. Some suggest moving valuables to a higher floor but remember minutes could cost you your life.
- Never walk or drive across moving water - this is howm many people drown from floods every year.
- Have an flood emergency survival plan and gear.